Your facial skin is your first impression to the world around you. Be sure you look your best so that you give off a warm, confident, and inviting persona. But are you taking care of your skin as best as you should? If you’re not following a close regimen of skin care in Newport Beach, you may be inviting flaws like blemishes, sun spots, and premature wrinkles. These are the top 7 skin care tips that you should practice in your daily life. Ignoring these practices can be to your detriment.
- Wash your face twice a day: once in the morning and once at night. Try to wash your face as soon as you wake up to quickly eliminate the oils and toxins that your skin naturally brings to the surface while you sleep. Be sure to use an oil-free, sensitive product that’s designed for facial use.
- Apply toner and moisturizer after your wash your face. Dry off your wet face, then immediately apply a small amount of toner across your face to even out your skin tone. Then, apply moisturizer to delay aging and prevent flaking. Use a moisturizer for your skin type: dry, oily, or combination.
- Consider applying a moisturizer than contains UV protection, or apply regular sunscreen every day. The sun’s UV rays are damaging to the collagen under your skin, which is a common cause of wrinkles. Sunscreen also prevent sun spots and skin cancer.
- See a dermatologist for acne, rosacea, and other facial flaws as soon as you can. A regular part of skin care includes seeking professional assistance when necessary. Problems like acne can lead to long-term scarring, so start following a doctor’s regime before that happens.
- Inspect your skin for moles. This is a potentially life-saving practice. New or existing moles that have an asymmetrical shape, blurred border, unusual coloring, and/or large diameter can be signs of life-threatening skin cancer.
- Eat a healthy diet. Healthy, plant-based diets give your skin a naturally radiant and smooth appearance, whereas greasy, oily, processed, and fatty foods will make your skin look dull or blemished. Dairy can also contribute to skin problems.
- Visit a cosmetic surgeon to take care of fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, dark spots under the eyes, and other deformities that appear as you age. Cosmetic surgeons offer the best professional skin care in Newport Beach for adults of all ages and skin types.