When trying to recover from any substance abuse like drugs, alcohol etc, it’s always best to seek and participate in any rehab program. A treatment model makes it easier to abandon your addiction and also prevent relapsing again.
Maryland is well known for having the best rehab centers in the nation. Rehabs in Maryland have best recovery resources and treatment programs for recovering addiction. You can contact the rehab placement services and their professional team will help you get the right treatment to overcome your addiction.
Today, in this article we are going to discuss about the 12-step programs.
What is a 12- step program?
The 12-step program is a treatment program for people who’re suffering from substance abuse like drug abuse, alcohol abuse etc. It is based on the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA).
How 12-step programs differ from others?
12-step program have a very different perspective for treating addiction. Let’s see how.
The non-traditional program focuses on the recovery options for you without determining the cause.
The best part of 12-step program is that it also includes traditional program approach for the treatment.
- Many believe that there are possibilities of relapse and remission even after successful outcome of the addiction treatment. This could be stopped permanently, if the cause of addiction is determined and resolved.
- The 12-step program does the same. It will not only treat addiction, but also address the struggle and causes that lead to addiction in the first place.
The 12- step approach looks under the skin of clients to help them.
- They’re designed to help clients to discover and enhance motivation for overcoming their dependency.
- Rather than just offering guidance and treatment programs, they look out for their intrinsic motivation to empower them.
- They make them realize that only they can bring a change and also it’s their personal responsibility to make a change.
Why should I go for 12-step program?
Alternatives programs at rehab centers provide impatient treatments for 2 to 4 months. On the contrary, as mentioned, 12 step program also look for the cause of the addiction.
Once the cause is identified, it becomes far easier to deal with the situation.
Isn’t it’s better to opt for a treatment that also determines the underlying cause of addiction?
Recovery with 12-step program
They offer support services along with the medical treatments and supervision for your addiction. Expect yoga, massages, physical exercises, etc in the treatment programs there. Such things are very effective for your physical health.
It’s very difficult to quit once you have developed obsession and involved your mind deeply into it. The 12-step programs overcome negative thoughts and help develop positive habits and thinking.
Anxiety, depression, social anxiety and many such emotional distresses are more often the cause of addiction. Emotional trauma is taken into consideration to get to the core and treat the addict.
Don’t hesitate to contact the rehab service. Look for help and options around you before it’s too late!